It’s been awhile since I’ve seen an military RTS game, more then 8 years to be specify about it, but this period it’s over thanks to Eugen Systems a developer which has not forgotten this genre and the fans of it. Wargame Airland Battle is the most complex experience you can get from an RTS title, so if you’re a fan of the genre this is a must-have for you. RELOADED is in charge with the release with a standard steam protection. Have fun on the battlefield!
|Genre: Real-Time Strategy|
Release Date: May 29, 2013
Platforms: PC | Mac | Linux | OnLive
Gameplay Modes: Single-Player, Multi-Player, Cross-Platform
Developer: Eugen Systems
Ratings: Metacritic: 7.9 (0 critics)
Description: Wargame: AirLand Battle allows players to command all military resources of the Cold War era from tanks to planes. A total of 150 planes strengthen the playable arsenal of the game, from fighters to bombers to electronic warfare planes.
Four new nations and their vehicles join the original eight from the first installment, making a total of over 750 vehicles and combat units rendered in realistic detail! Wargame: AirLand Battle also brings authenticity to the next level thanks to a new weapons system, better handling of fire effects, and a new Urban Combat Interface (UCI) allowing for battle inside cities.
A total of 150 planes will be added, from fighters to bombers to electronic warfare planes. AirLand Battle will also introduce four new nations of Canada, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway to existing eight nations of the NATO and Warsaw Pact factions, making a total of over 750 vehicles and combat units. There will be a new weapons system, better handling of fire effects, and a new Urban Combat Interface (UCI) allowing for battle inside cities.
The game will feature jet aircraft as a new unit type in gameplay, allowing players to build up their own air force. To allow this feature to be properly implemented, the IRISZOOM Engine has been improved to include bigger maps, and more specifically, maps with higher altitude and verticality, allowing for large mountain ranges and valleys to add to the Scandinavian landscape.
- Dynamic Campaign – A fully dynamic single player campaign starting in 1981.
- 10 vs. 10 multiplayer matches – You will be able to have twenty-man matches. In what form or context though has yet to be determined.
- Broadcasting – Eugen will develop a system that will allow people to broadcast their matches, allowing people to jump in as observers to study other peoples tactics and tricks. Might be useful for the eSports scene as well.
- Urban Warfare – The team have tweaked urban warfare, both in how towns, cities, etc… Are physically built on the map, but also how the Player/AI interact with them. Buildings are grouped into ‘districts’ and infantry units smartly deploy to cover all angles of a district, saving you having to micro-manage them by moving them around between individual buildings.
- Logistics – Logistical units have been given a tweak, allowing you to choose what the re-supply, whether it be only ammo, or only fuel, or only repairs, or a combination of both
- Maps – There will be over 30 new maps, mainly based on Scandinavian topography, although no new game modes at present.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP SP3 | Windows Vista SP2 | Windows 7/8
- Processor: AMD/Intel Dual-Core 2.5 GHz
- Memory: 2048 MB RAM
- Graphics: 256 MB 100% DirectX 9 and Shaders 3.0 compatible ATI Radeon X1800 GTO/nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT/Intel HD 3000 or higher
- DirectX®: 9.0
- Hard Drive: 15 GB hdd space
- Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Internet connection required for activation and online gaming