‘This War of Mine’ is a highly-rated survival video game based on modern life siege of Sarajevo.
Genre: Adventure, Indie, Simulation
Description: In This War of Mine, the focus is shifted away from military operations portrayed in most games. Instead, it is a dark survival game where players control a gaggle of civilians attempting to stay alive in a besieged city.
The pace of This War of Mine is imposed by the day and night cycle. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout: crafting, trading and taking care of your survivors. At night, take one of your civilians on a mission to scavenge through a set of unique locations for items that will help you stay alive.
- Inspired by real-life events
- Control your survivors and manage your shelter
- Craft weapons, alcohol, beds or stoves – anything that helps you survive
- Make decisions – an often unforgiving and emotionally difficult experience
- Randomized world and characters every time you start a new game
- Charcoal-stylized aesthetics to complement the game’s theme
- OS: Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) / Vista
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo 2.4, AMD Athlon(TM) X2 2.8 Ghz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Geforce 9600 GS, Radeon HD4000, Shader Model 3.0, 512 MB
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible