The group EMBRACE/EMB released VMware Workstation v11.0.0 for Windows. VMware Workstation 11 continues VMware’s tradition of delivering leading edge features and performance that technical professionals rely on every day when working with virtual machines. With support for the latest version of Windows and Linux, the latest processors and hardware, and the ability to connect to VMware vCloud Air, it’s the perfect tool to increase productivity, save time and conquer the cloud.
Operating System: Windows
Description: VMware Workstation transforms the way technical professionals develop, test, demonstrate and deploy software by running multiple x86-based operating systems simultaneously on the same PC. Built on 15 years of virtualization excellence and winner of more than 50 industry awards, VMware Workstation takes desktop virtualization to the next level by giving users an unmatched operating system support, rich user experience and incredible performance.
VMware Workstation takes advantage of the latest hardware to replicate server, desktop and tablet environments in a virtual machine. Run applications on a breadth of operating systems including Linux, Windows® and more at the same time on the same PC without rebooting. VMware Workstation makes it really easy to evaluate new operating systems, test software applications and patches, and reference architectures in an isolated and safe environment. No other desktop virtualization software offers the performance, reliability and cutting edge features of Workstation.
With the ability to allocate multiple processor cores, gigabytes of main memory, and graphics memory to each virtual machine, Workstation maximizes your computer’s resources to run the most demanding applications in a virtual environment. Workstation also lets you build complex virtual machines on your laptop running Cloud Foundry™, Big Data applications like a single-node Apache™ Hadoop® cluster or 64 bit virtual machines within vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
Seamlessly access all the virtual machines you need, regardless of where they reside, from the PC to the cloud. Simply drag and drop to move your virtual machines from your PC to the private cloud with VMware vSphere® or the public cloud with vCloud Air. By leveraging the hybrid cloud you are no longer constrained by the power of your PC and can quickly migrate and scale your workloads to the cloud while reducing complexity and compatibility.
Workstation gives technical professionals powerful controls over how to set up and interact with virtual machines. Choose from a wide variety of options for installing, protecting, connecting, sharing and viewing virtual machines to save valuable time. You can even create virtual machines that are encrypted, require a change of password and expire at a predefined date and time. Use the virtual network editor to build up to 20 custom virtual networks for connected multi-tier applications. Leverage the Snapshot feature to preserve the state of a virtual machine so you can return to it at any time.
Sharing a virtual machine is the quickest way to share and test applications with your team in a more production like environment. Run VMware Workstation as a server to share a repository of pre-loaded virtual machines in every desired configuration with your teammates, department or organization. VMware Workstation provides enterprise caliber control over user access when sharing virtual machines.
VMware Workstation is Designed For:
- Software Developers: Software developers rely on Workstation integration with Visual Studio, Eclipse and other tool suites to streamline the development and debugging of their applications in multiple operating systems and environments. Developers can replicate a production web or hybrid cloud environment right on their PC.
- Quality Assurance: Quality assurance teams use Workstation to efficiently and economically test applications on a complex matrix of operating systems, application platforms and browsers—all while doing away with repetitive configuration tasks.
- IT Professionals: VMware Workstation allows IT professionals to safely test patch deployments, system upgrades and migrations in isolated sandbox environments on a single PC. Quickly recreate, capture and troubleshoot customer issues in a virtual environment. Build a personal lab for experimenting with multiple operating systems and applications and preparing for VMware Certification tests (i.e. VCP).
- Technical Sales Professionals: Systems engineers and other technical sales professionals love Workstation because it gives them the power to demonstrate complex multi-tier applications with ease. Workstation can simulate an entire virtual network environment—including clients, servers and database virtual machines—all on a single PC.
- Teachers and Trainers: Trainers use VMware Workstation to create virtual machines for students that contain all the lessons, applications and tools required for the course. At the end of each class, VMware Workstation can automatically revert the virtual machines back to their original state.