SKIDROW brings us one of 2013 hit titles “Tomb Raider”. It is a reboot of the well-known action-adventure video game franchise, developed by Crystal Dynamics. The critics have been more than excellent, and it should be enjoyable by both fans and newcomers. As for me, im totally hyped for this!
|Genre: Action, Adventure|
Release Date: Mar 5, 2013
Platforms: Xbox360 | PS3 | PC
Gameplay Modes: Single-player, Multi-player
Developer: Crystal Dynamics
Ratings: Metacritic: N/A
Description: Tomb Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a young woman to a hardened survivor. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.
Setting out to “make [her] mark”, Lara travels on the ship Endurance commanded by Conrad Roth. When the ship is struck by a violent storm and split in two, Lara and many other survivors are stranded on an isolated tropical island in the Dragon’s Triangle. Lara has to find food and water to survive, fighting off the more dangerous animal inhabitants and trying to trace the other survivors. But a darker threat awaits as she is forced to harden herself against killing people in order to fight a group of malevolent mercenaries who seek to kill her and her companions.
- Hunt or Be Hunted: Evade, outsmart, track, and kill the mysterious enemies that hunt you as prey.
- Survival Action: Brutally attack and defend yourself as you fight to survive through visceral one-on-one melee combat.
- Strategic Weapons: Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different melee and ranged weapons including a variety of guns and the hunter’s ultimate weapon, the bow.
- Creative Survival: React and adapt to the island by using only that which you can salvage from the environment like climbing axes, rope, and machetes that can be used to unlock new traversal and combat gameplay options.
- Free Movement: Scramble up a vertical cliff, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid-air to land a misdirected jump. There is no right way to traverse, survive, and explore the harsh environment of the island.
- One Cohesive World: The diverse multi-region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather, and natural events.
- Origin Story: This new Tomb Raider concept reboots the franchise by exploring the origins of Lara Croft’s transformation into a hardened adventurer as you unravel the story behind the island’s mysterious past.
- OS:Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
- Processor:Dual core CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+), Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT, nVidia 8600
- Hard Drive:10 GB HD space
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection