The Scene group NOY released PVS Studio’s latest version, it’s used as static analyzer to detect error in codes of C/C++/C++11 applications.
Developer: OOO Program Verification Systems
PVS-Studio is a static analyzer that detects errors in source code of C/C++/C++11 applications. There are sets of rules included into PVS-Studio:
1. General-purpose diagnosis
2. Detection of possible optimizations
3. Diagnosis of 64-bit errors (Viva64)
4. Diagnosis of parallel errors (VivaMP)
To learn more about each type of diagnosis, visit the corresponding pages. The PVS-Studio tool is intended for developers of contemporary applications and it integrates into the Visual Studio 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005 environment providing the programmer with a convenient user interface to analyze files, navigate through code and get reference information. You do not need to study documentation and settings preliminarily to work with the analyzer. The analyzer is ready to work right after it is installed.
The methodology of static code analysis we employ has significant advantages over other types of analysis since it allows you to cover the whole program code. The procedure of code check cannot damage the code itself in any way. The analysis process is completely controlled by person and it is the programmer who decides if it needs modification.
You can see or download a presentation about PVS-Studio.
• Integration with Visual Studio 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005;
• saving and loading of analysis results;
• capability of command line launch;
• support of all cores and processors;
• estimate of complexity of 64-bit code migration;
• support of Windows (LLP64) and Linux (LP64) data models;
• interactive filters;
• convenient integration into the team development process;
• marking of program text with the purpose of checking new code only.
• Easy-to-download! You may download the PVS-Studio distribution package without registering and filling in any forms.
• Easy-to-try! The PVS-Studio program is implemented as a plug-in for Visual Studio 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005. The program is simple to install and does not require special setting before getting started.
• Easy-to-buy! Unlike other code analyzers, we have simple pricing and licensing policy. We will not ask you what size your application’s code is or thrust training courses on you by phone. You decide what you need on the order page, pay the purchase and get the registration key by e-mail.
• Easy-to-support! It is the analyzer’s developers who directly communicate with users, which enables you to quickly get answers to even complicated questions related to programming.