The group CRD released latest version of Paessler PRTG Network Monitor – a useful tool to monitor your Network’s activity with user friendly charts and data.
Developer: Paessler AG
PRTG Network Monitor runs on a Windows machine within your network, collecting various statistics from the machines, software, and devices which you designate. (It can also autodiscover them, helping you map out your network.) It also retains the data so you can see historical performance, helping you react to changes.
PRTG comes with an easy-to-use web interface with point-and-click configuration. You can easily share data from it with non-technical colleagues and customers, including via live graphs and custom reports. This will let you plan for network expansion, see what applications are using most of your connection, and make sure that no one is hogging the entire network just to torrent videos.
PRTG can collect data for almost anything of interest on your network. It supports multiple protocols for collecting this data:
• SNMP and WMI
• Packet Sniffing
• NetFlow, jFlow, and sFlow
Network problems create business emergencies. When the network goes down, employees can’t read emails. Customers can’t purchase the product. Work stops. Network monitoring helps you keep your business healthy:
• Avoid expensive outages
• Address bottlenecks before they cause problems
• Reduce costs by buying only the hardware you need
Stop wasting time putting out fires. Start building the future foundations of your business. You’ll be less stressed and your colleagues will consider you a hero.
• Easy to Use: Choose Between Five User Interfaces
• Comprehensive Network Monitoring
• Flexible Alerting
• PRTG Cluster Failover Solution
• Distributed Monitoring Using Remote Probes
• Data Publishing and Maps
• In-Depth Reporting
• Easy to Understand – Multi Language Interface
• High Performance Design and High Security Standards
• Support for Customization
• A PC, server or virtual machine with roughly the CPU performance of an average PC built in the year 2007 or better and minimum 1024 MB RAM memory
• Microsoft® Windows (XP or later, server or workstation, 32 or 64 bit)
• Web browser Google Chrome 10 (recommended), Firefox 4, or Internet Explorer 9 (or higher versions) to access the web interface