Well well this is quite unexpected, a real loved franchise that comes from „dead” and to have the same love from the fans as the original games. Gearbox Software bought the intellectual property rights to the Homeworld franchise during THQ’s bankruptcy auction in 2013 and with Blackbird Interactive founded by members of Relic Entertainment which made the original game this game and the HD remakes of the old ones arise. This has a standard steam protection. If you are strategy fan this is a must buy and if you really like it you should buy it, the devs deserve your full support. Have fun!
Genre: Modern Real-Time Strategy
Description: A ground-based RTS prequel to the classic Homeworld games. Assemble your fleet and lead them to victory on the shifting sands of Kharak in this compelling strategy game.
Crafted by Blackbird Interactive, a studio founded by veterans of Homeworld and Company of Heroes, Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak takes players to the deserts of Kharak where danger lurks over every dune.
The game is set on the desert planet of Kharak, the home-in-exile of the Kushan (Hiigaran) people, 114 years prior to the events of Homeworld. Kharak is a dying world, the desert growing larger with each passing year, and the Kushan clans regularly war amongst one another. Then a satellite detects an object in the Great Banded Desert, known as the Jaraci Object, or the “primary anomaly” – revealed in Homeworld and Homeworld 2 to be the wreckage of the ancient starship Khar-Toba. Expeditions are sent by the Coalition of the Northern Kiithid into enemy territory to investigate, one of them under the leadership of chief science officer Rachel S’jet.
The expedition departs from Epsilon Base in the Kharakian desert, centered around the Kiith S’jet land carrier Kapisi. Shortly after the expedition departs, however, several Coalition bases, including Epsilon, are attacked and destroyed by Kiith Gaalsien, a group of zealots exiled from mainstream Kharakian society; the Gaalsien then attack the expedition at a S’jet salvage yard while the Kapisi is undergoing final outfitting.
- EXPERIENCE AN ORIGIN STORY: In Deserts of Kharak’s campaign, an anomaly is discovered deep in the southern desert. An expedition is sent, but the story is not that simple. Discover the story of Rachel S’jet as she leads her people on a quest to find their destiny in an exciting campaign.
- HEAVY DUTY HARDWARE: Take control of fleets of land and air vehicles – from nimble light attack vehicles to massive heavyweight cruisers – built to conquer the desert.
- MASSIVE ENVIRONMENTS: Fight your way across massive dune seas, deep craters, and hostile canyons in sprawling maps – all in unprecedented fidelity and scale.
- TACTICAL COMBAT: Position your fleet to take advantage of the high ground or create ambushes across dune lines in terrestrial combat. Attack your enemies’ resource operations, or assault their military head-on.
- STRATEGIC DECISIONS: Meaningful choices in resource management, fleet composition, and technology research directly impact your chances of survival.
- ONLINE MULTIPLAYER: Compete online solo or with friends in a variety of game modes, including ranked play, to rise through the ranks and become the most powerful Fleet Captain on Kharak.
Before you can find your Homeworld, you must first unlock the secrets of the desert.
- OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Procesor: Intel Core i3-2100 (3.1 GHz) / AMD A10 5800k (3.8 GHz)
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- GPU: GeForce GT 440 (1024 MB) / Radeon HD 4890 (1024 MB)
- Storage: 8 GB spațiu disponibil
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit)
- Procesor: Intel Core i7-950 (3.0 GHz) / AMD FX-4300 (3.8 GHz)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- GPU: GeForce GTX 770 (2048 MB) / Radeon HD 7770 (1024 MB)
- Storage: 12 GB spațiu disponibil