Description: Google SketchUp is a free, easy-to-learn 3D-modeling program with a few simple tools to let you create 3D models of houses, sheds, decks, home additions, woodworking projects, and even space ships. You can add details, textures, and glass to your models, and design with dimensional accuracy. You can place your finished models in Google Earth, share them with others by posting them to the 3D Warehouse, or print hard copies. Google SketchUp is a great way to discover if 3D modeling is right for you.
What’s new in this version:
* Model geo-location with Google Maps: We’ve built Maps right into SketchUp. Adding a geo-location to your model is now an elegant, one-app process.
* Color imagery and more accurate terrain: The snapshot you get when you add a geo-location to your model now includes 3D terrain data that’s more accurate, and–for the first time–aerial imagery in color.
* Match Photo improvements: Our Match Photo feature lets you trace one or more photographs to build a model; it’s an incredibly powerful tool. For SketchUp 8, we’ve tweaked some things to make using Match Photo easier than ever.
* SketchUp, meet Building Maker: When it comes to modeling existing buildings, it’s hard to beat Google Building Maker for speed and efficiency. We’ve made it simpler to open and refine Building Maker models in SketchUp.
* SketchUp Pro 8 includes a powerful new set of tools for additive and subtractive modeling