After the PC release , Scene group MoNGoLS released the 2013 game “Call of Juarez: Gunslinger” for Xbox360. Call of Juarez is an odd franchise to play, and an even more bizarre series to review. The first two offered ambitious spaghetti western shooters that eventually became flawed cult classics. The disappointing Cartel tried and failed to enter a stylised modern FPS sub-genre, and all but put a nail in the series’ coffin accordingly. It’s released as a XBLA game so you’ll be needing a JTAG / RGH modded console.
Release Date: May 22, 2013
Platforms: PC | XBOX360 | PS3
Gameplay Modes: Single-player
Ratings: Metacritic: 10 (7 critics)
Description: From the dust of a gold mine to the dirt of a saloon, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is a real homage to the Wild West tales. Live the epic and violent journey of a ruthless bounty hunter onto the trail of the West’s most notorious outlaws.
Blurring the lines between man and myth, this adventure made of memorable encounters unveils the untold truth behind some of the greatest legends of the Old West.
- Meet the legendary outlaws: Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett, Jesse James… Face down the West’s most notorious gunslingers and live the untold stories behind the legends.
- Experience a lawless land: Blaze a trail through the wilderness of the Old West and live an epic adventure through stunning Western landscapes.
- Dispense your own justice: With a gun holster tied to your leg, become a ruthless bounty hunter on a journey made of all-out gun battles.
- Prevail in deadly gunfights: Master the art of blasting pistols, shooting rifles and dodging bullets. Unleash lethal combos to gun down multiple enemies in split seconds.
- Become the West’s finest: Choose the specific gun-fighting skills you want to develop and acquire new shooting abilities to become the West’s finest gunslinger.